Botox: Made from a protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum, this gel has become synonymous with rejuvenating operations &…
The impressive effects of Botox have long been praised by medical professionals and it remains the number #1 option for those seeking a quick fix but before you decide to use botox you need to go over…
6 important questions to see if Botox is right for you…
1. Are my expectations realistic?
This is the single most important question you must ask yourself. As a general rule, always do extensive research before committing to any treatment that will alter your appearance and make sure you understand the limitations of the procedure you wish to have done.
Botox injections generally only last 3 to 6 months, and can only be used to treat dynamic wrinkles, which are wrinkles that are caused the movement of muscles in the face, such as smile lines.
Botox will not produce results as a drastic as a facelift.
If after your consultation you’re still unsure of your potential results from Botox, do an internet search to investigate other’s experiences.
2. How could this procedure impact my life?
While the other questions on this list deal with the negativity and realities of receiving Botox treatment, this question is a chance for you to contemplate the benefits.
Put simply, what do you have to gain from this procedure? Consider how a more youthful appearance would make you feel, and how dissatisfied you are with your current visage.
3. Is this procedure worth the risk of potential side effects?
This is a question that a patient must ask themselves before taking any medication or undergoing any medical treatment, including those intended for cosmetic purposes. The most common side effects are only superficial and occur directly around the injection site…
- You will most likely experience some temporary redness, swelling, bleeding, or pain.
- Be aware that headaches, weakness of affected muscles, and brief reactions related to the eyes directly after treatment have also been reported.
Although rare, there are several more serious possible reactions…
- Since Botox is produced from a toxic protein, it is possible for this toxin to spread to other parts of the body and trigger a life-threatening response.
- Other unlikely side effects include infections, partial paralysis, and allergic reactions.
- Note that there are additional possible side effects if you have Botox administered for non-cosmetic purposes, such as treatment for an over-active bladder or excessive sweating.
4. What if the results fall short of my expectations?
Even if you approach the situation with realistic expectations, there is always the possibility that the results will not be quite as drastic as you desire.
This could be due to a number of causes…
- Such as your body’s natural resistance to the procedure or…
- The severity of the affected area or…
- Human error on the doctor’s part.
Many of these variables simply cannot be controlled, which is there is always a corresponding chance of something going wrong.
5. Will I be able to handle the maintenance of Botox injections?
Unfortunately, these helpful injections do not last forever.
You will need to commit to getting new injections every couple of months if you desire to maintain your results. This is sometimes considered a blessing in disguise, because if you decide you’re unhappy with your results, you merely have to wait for them to wear off.
Additionally, if you ever decide to try a more drastic procedure, such as a facelift, it’s extremely unlikely that your past Botox injections will interfere with the operation.
6. Have you tried these natural ways to look younger…?